View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 12:09 PM   #23
thewayneo

Location: Evergreen, Colorado. Halfway between Heaven and Paradise at 8,100 ft altitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertkennel View Post
Wayne, In your tenth post you said the factory was going to move the drain pipe 2 inches from the original factory position. Does it need to be moved 2 inches or now that you have received the toilet can you tell us that the 2 inch move is not necessary. I'm ready to buy the toilet now and do the work, I just need to know how to order the toilet drain location. Thanks Robert

Originally Posted by mcgyver210 View Post

So if I understand correctly the 711-M28C fits without needing the factory to move drain 2"?
***That's correct. As long as you get the tank with a 3" floor drain it will fit easily. The hole in the TM floor needs to "move" (or be wallowed out) about 2" towards the front.

Where do you order this from exactly also?
http://shop.scamptrailers.com/p-155-...er-toilet.aspx $365 + shipping/tax. I think Scamp is in Minn. This is the toilet they put in their lightweight trailers, and the correct one for us. Note their website still calls it "Travelor". Apparently when Dometic bought Sealand, they said "no more names for our toilets!"

For folks on the west coast, maybe pick up from ARDEMCO in Ca. However, don't mention that Scamp sells for less. If they hear that from too many potential customers they might report Scamp and ruin a good deal for us. Scamp is apparently selling for OEM cost and ARDEMCO didn't like that.
http://www.ardemco.com/sealand-31237...let-with-tank/

***Now I don't want to say that there are no other places to order this toilet from. It's just the ones I found with the 3" floor drain.

I'm not saying I don't like the thetford either, I just want to change it out as fast as I can.

2006 2619, with REAL Flush Toilet (Sealand), NEVER ANY HOOKUPS!!!
Five-inch lift, Goodyear Marathon 15" Made in USA!
2005 Ford Explorer V8 -- WDH w/active sway
1973 Moto Guzzi V-twin
thewayneo is offline   Reply With Quote