View Single Post
Old 03-27-2018, 04:01 PM   #4
BradS7535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryjb View Post
Looking at the spec sheet, it looks as if the Expedition standard has no option for a radiator upgrade. A trans cooler appears to be optional on the HD package, but not offered on the standard package. It looks as if you'd have to do a lot of aftermarket upgrades to the standard package if you wanted better cooling capabilities.
I'm a bit confused by your statement that the trans cooler appears to be optional on the HD? I'm not sure why sometimes they use an (X) and sometimes they use (Std.) in that column, but I'm assuming that the HD package includes pretty much everything in that column (except the 4-pin only). I guess the cooling capabilities is part of my question here. Is extra cooling overall better? Sure. If I'm not towing anywhere near the max tow rating, am I getting that much benefit from the extra cooling? That's what I was hoping to get some more info on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryjb View Post
(Don't dismiss the Chevy or Chrysler equivalents)
We took a look at the Chevy Tahoe and Suburban and just didn't like them as much. The 3rd row of the Tahoe would only be suitable for a small child or double leg amputee. We are looking for a car that can take a bunch of people too. The Suburban's 3rd row was more usable, but the Expedition had more legroom back there. And as far as towing, I believe the Expedition has a higher tow capacity.