View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 08:50 AM   #10
13dano

I did consider going the front hitch route, but due to a combination of factors it wouldn't work any better than backing it in. In the past, I used to back the TM into the garage by myself and if I were to drive it in, the side with one inch clearance would be on the blind, passenger side and impossible to see. There is nothing worse for me than putting the TV in park, setting the brake, getting out to check the clearance, etc., and repeating this process at least a dozen times in the dark after driving 500 miles or so. Also, because of the driveway incline it can be difficult to make slight corrections to overcome the natural effect of gravity.
Another factor was that if I wanted to pull it out of the garage on a whim to work on it, the TV is sometimes being used for other things and not always available to me.
With the PowerMover, I can hook it up, pull out the TM, and put it safely back in the garage in the amount of time it would take me to put on a hitch ball, line up the TV with the TM and hook it up. Plus, due to the length of my driveway I cannot leave the TM and the TV hooked up because the total length together exceeds the length of the driveway and sticks out in the road. So, I used to have to unhook and park the TV on the other side of the driveway...it's no wonder I used to avoid this chore!

Though it would have limited use on surfaces that look like they have to be level and paved, that Quickwheel product is pretty cool!