View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 06:33 AM   #5
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13dano View Post
......It's really draining after driving home for many hours and knowing that it is going to take a very long time to put everything away. Plus as I mentioned, I've damaged the rear bumper pan and also put a small crease on the side of the TM. So if it works as I hope, it would be well worth it to me.Dano
Dano,

Had to smile (a little anyway ) when I read your post. My situation sounds a lot like yours. I was never anxious to get back home with the trailer because I knew putting it in the garage would be a major hassle. We have a narrow driveway that goes down a hill to a 'drive-under', twin door garage (garage is perpendicular to the driveway). Once you get the trailer oriented to the door, you literally only have inches on each side of the garage. After doing this once with the removable hard plastic wheel, I bought a manual trailer dolly. This made life a lot better, but it still takes a couple of us to line up, and push the trailer into the garage. I've damaged the garage door trim a little when the trailer's bumper caught it.

I had to gather my friends, and anyone else I could find, when it was time to put the trailer in the garage. I looked into buying a powermover of some sort - coincidentally a company who builds them to order, is located about a mile from where I live. But the movers are indeed expensive. I was getting close to buying one, but instead decided to build a large garage on some other property we own in the next state where I now keep the trailer (and other "toys"). Probably not the most cost effective solution, but I knew we'd move to the other property some day.

Anyway good luck with your situation. Let us know if you decide to go the powermover route.

Nick
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote