Thread: Solar install
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 03:10 PM   #4
BradS7535

Glad I inspired someone to take on their solar install. I know all the other posts on the topic helped me tackle my install.

I agree with Bill about wiring them in series. You'll get a little more power out of your setup.

Now you have to return the favor with a detailed write up on your fridge install. The compressor fridge swap had piqued my interest as the propane on my fridge doesn't seem to be working. It would be nice to have a larger fridge that is more efficient that I could use with my solar.

Oh, one other thing. I couldn't tell from your photos but I would strongly recommend putting some sort of adhesive caulk around the edges of the cordmates. I didn't and it only took abkut a month for the heat and sun to demolish the sticky foam tape that comes on them. I ended up replacing all of mine and putting some loctite marine adhesive sealant on each side. Much stronger now.

Just re-read your fridge post. I guess your detailed fridge install would consist of 2 steps. Buy fridge, have it installed! Ha.