View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 12:49 PM   #10
Walter Roach

Default Collaborating on making the bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
We have looked at Tm's and wondered how to make the beds with out floping around like a flounder on them while doing so. It occured to us that if before you latch that side together with the sliding bolt (I think that was what we saw) one person could be outside...reach in and tuck the bottom sheet in...the the person inside could slide the bed the rest of the way and bolt it and shake the top sheet and blanket out and tuck them in. We were planning to sleep head toward the rear window in a 3124 KS ...someday.
Debbie and I now make the bed up on our 2005 2720 SL by putting fresh queen bottom sheet over a mattress pad, the morning we break camp. That way we are ready for the next trip. After dropping the bathroom walls, the corner is easy to reach, as long as the wardrobe is still up. She has coordinated the sheet color (tan), and doesn't mind it showing. After she lays the wardrobe down from the inside, I slide the bed forward enough to stand up under the back shell and finish the corners and stretch the sheet out. We tried leaving our sleep comforters on the bed, but it makes the shell difficult to close. Following a choir tour to Scandinavia, we have adopted the Swedish bedding approach: each sleeper has his or her own twin-size comforter inside a large sack. We bought them at IKEA. The system has 2 comforters attached at the corners with snaps. One is light weight, while the other is medium weight. For Fall camping, we opted for using both, and have been comfortablly warm. The bed is very comfortable; separate comforters make it easier to crawl over for a night-time trip to the bathroom.