View Single Post
Old 08-30-2004, 06:59 PM   #3
G-V_Driver
Site Sponsor

Rich,

How big do you want it? and where do you want it big?

Many of the behemoth 5th-wheelers and motor homes with slide-outs on their slide-outs only have queen-size beds. Several of the TM's have King-Size beds, and those of us who really like (demand) that particular amenity wouldn't be comfortable without them.

If it's a big bathroom and shower you want, forget the TM; aint going to happen. The slide out TM's have more "living room" area than the others, but it probably only adds about 21 sq. ft. of usable space. A significant %, compared to units that don't have it, and certainly more comfortable, but only about the same footage as a double closet in your kids' bedroom.

No matter what you buy, it's a study in trade-offs. You aren't going to get everything no matter what you buy, and you are the only one who can decide if the package offered by TM best suits your needs.

For example, I'd give up half of the slide-out space in the living area for an equal amount of space in the bathroom in a heartbeat; my DW, a foot shorter and a hundred pounds lighter, thinks the dimensions are just fine. Go figure.

Whether it's a TM or not, I hope you find one that provides what you want.

Wayne
G-V_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote