View Single Post
Old 09-02-2002, 10:20 AM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Default Re: Replacement Refrigerator

Happy -

Re the refrig on the inverter - you SHOULD be OK here. The refrig circuit is fused for 15 amps DC, so presumably you are looking at #12 or bigger wire, which can carry 15 amps. I think you said your refrig needs 100 watts AC, so even allowing for some inefficiency, the inverter shouldn't draw more than 10 or 12 amps when the refrig is running. (Have you considered the turn-on transient? Can your inverter handle it?) In addition, the refrig circuit is connected to the 30-amp general-usage part of the converter, not the fussy 10-amp battery-charge-and-electronics-circuits part, so it shouldn't hurt your converter.

Re the propane grill connector - my expertise is less here. But it would seem OK, obviously assuming you put the connector inside the opening where it can't be smacked by the odd tree branch or car door in the parking lot. I'm not sure you'll enjoy running your propane grill right there between the sewer hose, water hose, and electric cord ... but to each his own. If I felt the need of a grill hookup (and sometimes I do), I would put it up on the tongue by the regulator.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote