View Single Post
Old 08-19-2002, 10:02 AM   #1
DancinCampers

Default Replacement Refrigerator

Good Day all,

We recently purchased our TM, the original refrigerator had been replaced with a small home unit, strictly 120VAC. I have wired in an inverter so I could run it when we are traveling. Seems to work ok in the yard, will know more when we travel at the end of the month. The refrigerator draws 1 amp AC when running. I bought a 300 watt (peak 600 watt) inverter from Northern for $30. The wiring was a little tricky since I wanted to be able to change over from inverter to AC power without having to open the side cover.
The wires for the inverter were run directly from the battery (because the converter cannot handle the startup amp draw), thru the battery box bottom vent hole, then thru the refrigerator intake vent hole. I made up two short extension cords, which both run back out the vent hole. One is from the inverter, the other from the refrigerator AC outlet. I also ran the refrigerator cord out thru the vent.
From outside thr TM I can change the refrigerator from one power source to the other.
I added an AC muffin fan which directs air to the compressor whenever the TM is connected to AC.

I haven't been able to figure out how to include a pic in this post, but can email anyone the pics if desired.