View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 06:26 PM   #1
pauloh

Default Bag seal (roof gasket) deterioration

I learned from searching that the item in question is called a "bag seal". Mine (see photo) seems to have just recently developed a crack so that I can see the foam in the interior. Possibly related to my rear shell bouncing a bit (another post) but probably not. Quite sure it wasn't like this 2-3 months ago (I'd taken some photos of the roof) but the previous owner did leave the TM set up in his yard a lot (in the sun presumably). Suppose I can get by with duct tape (or perhaps some white vinyl tape) for the remainder of the summer to keep water out of the seal? I understand from one other post that these seals can be ordered from the factory (I have a call and email into them right now about other parts, so can add this to the list) but I have enough other TM projects to keep me going at the moment I'd like a quick fix for now.

Meanwhile I'll get some protectant as advised in this other thread on bag seal maintenance and maybe keep the rest of it from sun rotting. Any other suggestions, kindly let me know.
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...light=bag+seal
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1418.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	200.5 KB
ID:	6134  
TV: 2007 Toyota 4Runner, V8, 4x4
Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller
Reese 49586-020 Trunnion WDH
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
pauloh is offline   Reply With Quote