View Single Post
Old 05-12-2005, 08:42 PM   #3
RockyMtnRay
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpudim
I am looking at ordering me a WDH. I am looking at the Reese R67509. Any advice? Pros-Cons? Dave
Good decision to use a WDH. The R67509 has 750 lb bars which should have sufficient strength for a 3326's tongue weight. This hitch is also of the round bar type which also is a good choice for TM towing since TMs don't (or shouldn't) need sway control.

Depending on how much "stuff" you plan to cram into your TM (especially in the front of the trailer), it would not be overkill to get the model 61009 with 1000 lb spring bars. I'm using the 750 lb bars with my 2720SL which presumably has a lighter tongue weight and I'm just about at the limits of adjustability on the chains. However, I also travel with quite a bit of stuff stowed in the front of my TM (kitchen overhead cabinet, microwave, 2 additional wood cabinets, etc.).

I use my TM as a base camp for hiking, kayaking, mountain biking, and climbing Colorado's 14ers

The Trailer: 2002 TM Model 2720SL ( Mods: Solar Panels (170 Watts), Dual T-105 Batteries, Electric Tongue Jack, Side AC, Programmable Thermostat, Doran TP Monitor System)

The Tow Vehicle: 2003 Toyota Tundra V8 SR5 4X4 w/Tow Package (Towing & Performance Mods: JBA Headers, Gibson Muffler, 4.30 gears, Michelin LTX M/S Tires, Prodigy Brake Controller, Transmission Temperature Gauge)

RockyMtnRay is offline   Reply With Quote