View Single Post
Old 11-26-2003, 06:07 PM   #10
Happytrails

Default Re:Torsion bars or something wrong

In a 1997, there's NOTHING wrong with your clam shell at all. If you were curious on the cost of an entire new one you're looking at around $8,000. (But you're ok on that one) The actual problem lays in their bad adjustments which are a *SIMPLE* fix, one that you can do yourself if you know what you're doing. The entire lift system is COMPLETELY covered by warrenty from TM for lifetime. If that dealer did something wrong to damage it, it's on them to make it right. Sounds like they didn't know a THING about the TM and were just going on smoke on those adjustments. At any rate, they will NEVER sell the trailer unless they get it right, so they may as well pay for the proper adjustments now, rather than later. (especially if you're waving cash). The torsion bars are ok, they may have to pay for new travel arms, which isn't a super big expense...... "if they broke them". Just sounds like they didn't know what they were doing at the time to me, and got everything all in a tizzy. It can be fixed rather simply, and I'd say it's on them to fix it. All you have to say is "You guys tried to fix it, and didn't know what you were doing, and I did already drive all that way once to pick it up with cash in hand".......trust me, they'll get it right one way or another........I have NOOOOO idea why they were messing with the bolts where the torsion bars go into the travel arms, but umm......there are adjustment bolts JUST FOR THAT KINDA THING, and those aren't them. Providing the travel arms aren't damaged, you could do the required fix in just a few mins. Now tho, it does need professional help as they've adjusted the height of the torsion bars in the travel arms, and doubt you want to mess with figuring that one out. Point being, I really seriously doubt it's a big deal, and it's completely on them to get it right before they sell it to *anyone*...........Just my .02.....

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails.......[/glow]