View Single Post
Old 11-05-2003, 07:36 AM   #3
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

Default Re:Torsion bars or something wrong

Driver,
Have you paid for this TrailManor? & Where is the TrailManor?
Quote:
The dealer--not a TM dealer--had "detailed" it and the tech said he had "adjusted" torsion system because of gap between shells when trailer was folded. From what I could tell, he had loosened the four bolts that hold the lift arms to the torsion bar and adjusted the lower shell upward to get a good fit.
From your description, it sounds as if the latches on the lift arms for both the front and back shell were loose and or out of adjustment. The torsion bar settings most probably should not have been changed.
Quote:
How bad is it hurt?
How much stress will those tops take?
The top is probably ok, the torsion bars and lift arms need to be properly adjusted by a qualified TM tech.
Quote:
Do I gotta take it to Tennessee to fix it?
Not if you can find a TM certified dealership in your area. Look on the TrailManor site for a list of dealers in your area. www.trailmanor.com
Quote:
If I need new rear roof, arms and bars, whassa dinero?
If you need a new rear roof, you would be better off getting your money back and looking for another unit. The TM factory has been re-tooled for the 2003 and later top construction. They had to shut down one of the lines and put the old tooling back into place to replace the front top shell on my '02. The arms, bars, installation and adjustment are affordable. I would make the dealer absorb the cost of the repair.
MJL
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote