View Single Post
Old 02-13-2023, 06:26 PM   #5
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwilde1 View Post
Bluetti 200 is the unit. The power consumption and keeping it connected when in motion is not as much of a concern as is the challenge of "connecting it to the trailer" part of it.

A normal battery charges and discharges from the same cables where as a power station has battery IN locations (for charging) and battery OUT locations (to power everything).

So I may be answering my own question and this may not be possible or at least not worth the hassle of trying to integrate into the existing wiring.

I have read that post and a host of others on various sites and it sounds like I really need to upgrade my converter to support Lifepo4 batteries or stick with Lead Acid and use my power station to extend that through its AC ports. The later is much much cheaper
You could literally just plug your TMs 30A cord into the Bluetti while camping and everything would work. You would need to do 2, things. 1, have a cut-off switch on your camper's L/A battery. 2, be SURE to turn off the breaker that controls your TM converter so that the converter is not trying to recharge your Bluetti and cause a weird looping situation.

As far as changing your converter charger, that wouldn't be necessary. You wouldn't be charging your Bluetti from that anyway. You would simply plug the Bluetti into a 110V power source or solar array.

I have been doing some research on running 12V L/A batteries in parallel with LiFeP04 batteries. Some people are already doing it successfully but there is some science behind it and should not be tried without doing your due diligence. You can't just hook a lithium into a L/A without doing some careful balancing.