View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 01:16 AM   #14
Skyjim73

I have the Andersen for use with my 3124, but to be honest it has not yet had a severe test in the two trips we have taken. No real serious crosswinds encountered yet, and as for the WD effectiveness, I have it hitched to a 3/4 ton truck with a camper package, so pretty serious rear spring rates preclude much sag.

I have not yet had occasion to get the thing on a scale - I am towing so far beneath my TV's capabilities that I was not concerned. When we go to a lighter duty tow vehicle, which we are contemplating, I do intend to get some numbers since margins will not be so generous...

I can verify that there is indeed some serious tension on those chains when set up per the Andersen instructions. You really DO need to get the brackets welded to the trailer frame rather than depend on the little friction lock screw. I find the thing fairly easy to hitch, harder to unhitch because of the dry ball. It will hang up if you have not removed the last bit of side-to-side or fore-aft load on the hitch. You can see the hitch on my rig in the pic of the trailer in front of my home in my album.

It is REALLY light, much appreciated after 20 years or so with a heavy Reese spring bar/chain WD setup on my previous rig. And the WD stuff is easy to remove! After unloading the chains with a 1/2" drive and the supplied deep socket, just pull a pin and drop the bottom plate along with the attached chains.
3124KB delivered 5/2015 - early unit from Nebraska. TM installed Dometic compressor fridge, lower battery rails, 4AWG batt cable, and PD converter during build. Custom RV installed cassette toilet, two 260 AH 6V batts, 2 UniSolar 64 solar panels, Morningstar MPPT controller/meter.

Tow vehicle: 2016 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman CC 4x4 3.0 diesel.
Skyjim73 is offline   Reply With Quote