View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 09:33 AM   #6
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Thanks, Eric. That’s the kind of method I am leaning towards, though I can’t get a 2-foot section of angle iron to lie flat on the roof because the roof is curved, both to the side and front-to-back, towards the back of the rear shell (which is where I want to put the panel). I’m looking at a panel roughly 66 x 40, which is about the size that most panels are these days, I’m finding, outside of a Renogy and a few off-brands. But the best performing and highest rated panels are bigger. From what I’ve heard, this is a recent industry trend....just a few months ago I could easily find good smaller 200-watt panels, but no longer.

So I’m curious — why did you decide to remove your panels? You indicated that if you “got back to rigid panels” you would use the same method, so did you go flexible? I still am not completely settled on my design yet, and would love to hear your plan and reasoning.

Thanks!
Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote