View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 08:34 PM   #3
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip View Post
Hello folks,

I am in the process of purchasing a Trailmanor 2720 model(approx. 3100 lb. dry). I will also be purchasing a tow vehicle, with the factory tow package, for this unit.

Since I have no practical experience selecting a tow vehicle, I wonder if owners of 2720 models could give me an idea of what they use to tow their 2720 models and how satisfied they are with the tow vehicle performance. I will be towing the unit out west while traveling through the National Parks. We will be spending extended time in the parks - perhaps the better part of a summer season.

My quandry is that I would really like to get a tow vehicle that is the most fuel efficient as possible that can also handle the job. Most of the fuel efficient tow vehicles are V6's (SUV's & Vans) and generally are rated at 3500 lb. tow capacity(empty). These tow vehicles would put me on the edge or slightly over the capacity.

I would appreciate any experienced user towing a 2720 model giving me there comments.

Thank you for the help,

Phil
I think that you will find that a 2720 ready for camping will weigh in at over 4000#.

Tow ratings don't tell the whole story but I would recommend a tow vehicle with a minimum of 5000# and a GCWR that is capable of handling the tow vehicle, the fully loaded trailer, all your passengers and gear, thus the "Gross COMBINED Weight Rating".

There have been lots of threads on towing lately. You may want to do a "Search" on "GCWR".