View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 02:14 PM   #25
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgeewa View Post
Set me straight about the lenght of a trailmanor. For example, does the length of a 30/23 mean that the trailer length when closed is 23' including the tongue or just the body, and when it's opened is it 30' or less? Thanks.

For the 3023, I think the total length (bumper to coupler) is around 23', with actual floor space ~19'. When you open a TM, each end extends ~3.5' for the total of 7' more (hence all of the model numbers are a 7 difference between the 1st 2 digits and the 2nd 2). But, the front extends over the tongue, and the rear bumper is partially under the rear bed, so the total extended living space is around ~26'. A lot of RV manufacturers use the total lenght of the trailer as their measurements, so TM uses that ~26' plus about 4' of tongue lenght to classify it as a 30 footer, even though the front shell is over the tongue.

Does that make since?? I feel sure that a 3023 owner can get you more precise measurements.

Chap

Oops, it looks like I was posting this while B and D was posting, but it looks like our explanations are the about the same.