View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 06:26 PM   #22
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_in_Tampa View Post
This thread gives the impression that there are lots of campgrounds that limit trailer size to the 30' range. While I don't doubt they exist (perhaps particularly in the Ca state park system), I can honestly say I have never run into this. 36 feet, yes. 31 feet, never.

Maybe I've just been lucky, but have many run in to 31 length limitations often? Driving down the highway, there aren't many RVs that fall under that limit in my experience.

I would have guessed a 31' restriction (or less) is the exception.
We just got back from a five nights at Sequoia NP. In Azalea campground, any MH longer than 32 feet will need to go off of the pavement in the S turns. In a 40 foot MH you will need the assistance of someone to guide you through the trees in the S turn, even when going forward.

I have stayed at Castle Crags SP in CA. It was built probably in the 40's. Anything much longer than a TM 2720 will not make it into the campsites. When campgrounds were built 60 years ago, not very many people had trailers.

My older brother has 32 foot Montana FW. He can't go where I like to go. I don't like to go where he can go. We only camp together every other year. And that is the only time I ever have hookups. If my TM has shore power, older brother is nearby. It's like camping in a drive in movie. Yuch.