View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 06:50 PM   #3
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Hmmm. There's an '04 2720 in "very good condition" for $8,500.
An '07 SL which appears to be in very good shape, based on posted pics, for $13,500, stored in a garage.
Another '07 SL for $12,500, also very good condition
An '08 in "good condition" for $10,500
An '06 for $11,500
All on this forum.

Based on what I found here, and the info in your post, I would not go over $12,000 with the repairs they say they will do. It will cost you time and money to replace/repair the counter (you may want to use whatever they are putting in the new units, as it is not laminated, so it won't peel), and the awning. If you could get one in much better shape for about the same price (okay, maybe $1,000 more, ignoring what part of the country it is in), I sure wouldn't give any more than $12,,000.

That said, a TM in good condition is a joy to camp in! You will love every minute of it, once the repairs are made. I may even suggest not repairing the awning (remove the entire assembly), and get a 10' x 1-' or 12' x 12' canopy. I got a 10x10 square, vertical legs (as opposed to the angled legs) canopy at Wal-mart for $100. It is sturdy, easy to put wherever you want. You can put it next to the trailer, or move it to a better location (over a picnic table, for instance). To me, that is a better way to go than an awning. If it does rip in an unexpected windstorm, you are only out $100. You may even be able to get new fabric, and use the old frame. Just my opinion.

Good luck!
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote