View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 03:19 PM   #2
ChillEDog

Others with more experience will respond regarding towing. I guess in CO you have to really make sure you have a proper tow vehicle, it sounds like you're in a good place since you haven't purchased TV yet.

For my $.02, I just recently bought a 2619, first time towing too (other than small boat), so far no issues. One does spend a lot of time glancing in the side rear-views when driving stretches of highway that are under construction.

Something I didn't know, you have to install a brake control in the TV, it controls the electric brakes in the TM. Or I suppose you can buy a vehicle that has one.

Documents in forum [TrailManor information you won't find anywhere else] address towing weights, weight distribution hitch, etc. I don't know if there is a comprehensive document but I am willing to bet everything about towing is covered in one doc or another. I haven't looked but I bet there are some good videos on Youtube, I've seen a number of RV videos there.

So, long story short, I'm new to this too, like you I had concerns about towing, so far its worked out great. A lot to learn but that's part of the fun.

As a new owner, some other advice I'd have is, buy as large as you can. We love our 2619 but boy the inside space goes in a hurry when you're camping. And it sounds like you may have quite the crowd.

Good luck.
ChillEDog is offline   Reply With Quote