View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 08:25 PM   #2
RockyMtnRay
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joesjunk
Anyone know where the A/C condensation drains? I was in Myrtle Beach, SC (Very HOT and Humid) and the A/C was running all the time. I never saw any water under the trailer. The A/C on the TM was barley cooling the inside except at night.
Any ideas? Can the A/C be re-charged?
The side mounted AC on a pre-2002 TM is nothing more than a household type (non-RV) window air conditioner, probably of about 7000 BTU on a 2000 model year (earlier TMs used very low capacity 5000 BTU units). A 7000 BTU unit household unit located that low in the trailer was barely effective when new; it's very likely lost much of its cooling effectiveness over the years. Depending on the exact make and model, you might be able to find an shop that will give it a tuneup but you will have to remove it from the trailer. It'll probably be easier and more effective if you simply go buy a new 10,000 BTU window air conditioner that has dimensions appropriate for the cavity.

The drain is normally very near the outside wall of the trailer and very likely is plugged with gunk on your trailer. Take the outside grille off and see if you can find the drain tray/hose under the AC. You may also be able to find a drain hose under the trailer and be able to ream it out with a brush designed for small hoses (try those made for CamelBak hydration tubes...sold at places like REI).

I use my TM as a base camp for hiking, kayaking, mountain biking, and climbing Colorado's 14ers

The Trailer: 2002 TM Model 2720SL ( Mods: Solar Panels (170 Watts), Dual T-105 Batteries, Electric Tongue Jack, Side AC, Programmable Thermostat, Doran TP Monitor System)

The Tow Vehicle: 2003 Toyota Tundra V8 SR5 4X4 w/Tow Package (Towing & Performance Mods: JBA Headers, Gibson Muffler, 4.30 gears, Michelin LTX M/S Tires, Prodigy Brake Controller, Transmission Temperature Gauge)

RockyMtnRay is offline   Reply With Quote