View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 09:05 AM   #1
tgpmd1
TrailManor Master

Default Leaks, need advice

O.K. I've a new to me owner of a 2006 2720SL. I've been testing everything and found a few leaks.

1) There is about two tablespoons of water right above the fresh water holding tank. This may not be a leak, but rather condensation. I can't find where it is leaking and no water on the floor.

2) I tried to put water into the city water line and it seemed to leak from the connection, like it was plugged or running too fast. I had the kitchen faucet open and think I may need to clean this out or I had too much pressure coming out of the hose. I put the hose in the top fresh water hole (for adding water when not near a hose and it worked fine. Does that sound reasonable? This was interesting as I forgot to close the valves before adding water.

3) There are two leaks on the left of the two freshwater valves. I read the manual and it appears that it's either the hot or cold high pressure lines. I did not notice these until I tested the pump. The first leak is right at the bottom of the valve, so it appear that I need to replace this one. The second one, or the one that really bothers me, is coming form above the insulation and dripping over it. I turned off the pump and it seems to have almost stopped. I'm going to attempt to see if I can figure it out by myself. Any thoughts?

4) When I run the AC, the discharge seems to run right off the top of the unit, down the sides of the TM. Is that normal? I could not find info about that in the TM owner's guide or the AC manual. I would have thought that they would drain via a pipe to the side or bottom instead of just running down the side.

Also, is there a set of diagrams for the plumbing? I did not see any looking around the owner's forum.

Thanks everyone for help for this newbie!

Theresa
Prodigy Brake Controller
2.5" Factory Lift Kit
15" Dexstar Wheels
15" Karrier Loadstar Tires w/TR-416 Stems
Bill's Screen Door kit
And a host of other mods...

14 y.o. 'Sasha' (aka 'Miss Kitty), started fostering 12/24/10 and adopted 3/15/11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tgpmd1 is offline   Reply With Quote