View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 04:51 PM   #6
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnussbau View Post
Haunted amp? Hmmm...

If it is blowing the fuse and you can't find the trouble, it may be a short in the antenna cable itself (ours had this problem when new- The Car Show fixed it) -- ours had the short right in the ceiling where the crank handle had to be removed to access the cable end.
Not blowing the fuse the problem is only intermittent & just causes the amp light not to light up when turned on which also means it isn't working. I did find if you disconnect the coax cable located in the side access panel going to the antenna the amp works. So I assume it is a short or something from that point to the antenna.

I did take it to TM factory for service but they found nothing wrong but by the time we drove onto the camp ground it didn't work again. I checked it a few days ago in my drive & it works go figure. Not a real big deal since I don't really need it but I would like it to work since I did purchase it new.

I will probably be adding satellite soon so may end up disconnecting anyway who knows. I believe I will be able to put another connection on the side so I can run the dual LNB for two receivers just haven't looked at it in depth yet.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote