View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 07:30 PM   #1
Rich_in_Tampa

Default TM as possible upgrade choice from a class B

New member here, considering the TM as an upgrade from our Great West Legend, a Sprinter-based class b. We like our rig quite a bit but do have a few lingering constraints and concerns. I wonder if anyone could provide some sanity checking as to whether a TM would be a sound strategy.

Problem 1: space. I think even I can confidently state that there will be a ton more room in a TM.

Problem 2: the bed in the Class B is too short. Are there any design issues in the TM which interfere with full enjoyment of the queen or king mattress in the TM? Like an overhanging shelf or cabinet just a it too close for comfort?

Problem 3: A/C noise. The roof unit in our Legend is right over the bed, not ducted, and sounds like a jet engine -- especially when trying to sleep. Looks like the TM has a similar rooftop design, but I am hoping that the air conditioner is placed far enough from the bed that it's not a show-stopper. Remember that we live in hot weather here, so the AC is an important necessity.

Any other considerations for such a change-over? Is there the equivalent of any basement storage? Are there any hybrid SUVs, like a Highlander, that anyone has found adequate?

Thanks for indulging me - I'm intrigued by this contraption.