View Single Post
Old 04-07-2007, 08:09 PM   #5
PopBeavers

Wink

I have a different pattern for using the fridge, compared to most TM owners.

We do a lot of weekend trips. So the weekend before I pull the TM out of the garage so I can restock some items, fill water, etc.

I fill the fridge with old beverages of my choice and other non perishable items like mustard and catsup and Otter Pops. I chill the fridge all weekend on 110 volts.

Late Sunday afternoon I change the fridge to 12 volts and put it back in the garage. I disconnect the battery, and since I added a battery disconnect switch last month it means I no longer need to pull the fuse.

Wednesday evening I turn the batteries back on and plug the TM to shore power. This will chill the fridge back down and top off the batteries.

Thursday evening we load the Coleman 12 volt cooler, running on 120 voltes in the house. he Coleman now has the lettuce, mayo, etc.

Friday after work the Coleman goes into the TV and plugs in to 2 volts. We load a few last minute items and away we go.

In camp the cold beverages from the TM fridge get move to a ice chest and the perishable items move from the Coleman to the TM.

The purpose of all this is to allow us to hit the road as quickly as possible after the quitting bell blows at work on Friday. From the time I pull up to the house until we hit the road is down to about 45 minutes. This includes hitching up, adding the McKesh mirrors, loading stuff.

It works for us.