View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 08:11 AM   #13
Berkly

Picked up the new trailer last thursday. Dealer is somewhat new dealing trailers and didnt know much about the TM. Friday night started driving out to Quartz mountain to do some climbing when after about an hour I started smelling a burning metallic smell that made me concerned. I assume it was the transmission burning oil and decided to turn around and limp back home.

THe next day I had a transmission cooler installed and should be good to go this weekend.

WHile on my way back, I noticed the running lights were out, as well as my left taillight. Trailer brakes and turn signals still worked, so I tested the plug and found no power to the taillights. Gonna have to go back in and have them fix a short in the system or something.

Sunday, crawled underneath the beast and started siliconing all the wirenuts, gaps, seams, and connections into the undercarriage. And was surprised by how many gaps were unsealed. Not a big deal though, gave me a little sense of accomplishment.

But I did find two small drip leaks underneath the fresh water tank, coming out of a hole where the copper tubing was entering the bottom, and another about 1 foot back where the wheel well meets the outer shell in front of the axle. I called the factory and ed told me to check all connections from the fill line into the tank, the water trap under the sink and to check all lines under pressure.

Has anyone else dealt with this?