View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 08:07 AM   #1
Grouse

Default one armed bandit

I came back from vacation and managed to rupture my bicep and tear a muscle in my forearm in a competitive game of disc golf (don't ask). This has rendered my right arm useless for tasks that require more effort than lifting my favorite beverage to my mouth. Since I am right handed this has proven to be most inconvenient.

However, it got to me to thinking about set-up/tear down on the TM. So a little different wrinkle than the "I'm a 25 lb weakling and I wonder how difficult it is to set up the TM?" question. I'm wondering how difficult would it be to do so alone with the use of one arm/hand?

I'm guessing that IF the torsion bars are set correctly that this could probably be done fairly easily as far as opening and closing the shells (I'm still a fairly strong guy even with one hand). I'm also guessing that setting up & tearing down the bathroom walls would be pretty easy. However, not quite so sure about the wardrobe (with items inside it), the hanging cabinet nor the microwave if it needs to be moved from the floor to the shelf.

Input appreciated!