View Single Post
Old 07-07-2006, 09:35 PM   #13
edweidig

Default Factory tour

I was just at the factory for a tour. All the posts are right. They only have certain models completed, but I saw a fairly good representation. I didn't go for the tour of the different models, I only wanted to see the construction side of the operation. My tour was fairly quick as I arrived shortly before lunch, but thorough non the less. Interesting indeed! Great bunch of people, and they were all happy to answer any questions. The people didn't seem to mind at all when we wanted to look at specific operations, even if they had to stop what they were doing at the time to give us room.

A point of information here. Maybe it should go in the modifications thread, but while we're in the factory - - they are putting a different kind of latch holding the two halves of the door together on the 2007's. It is far superior to the older models. I bought the parts to convert my 2006KS door to the 2007 configuration. I took some pics, but they didn't come out very clear. Enough for me to get mine modified, but not sure about posting here. I'll try to get some clearer shots as soon as I'm finished with the job.

The system is so new they didn't even have the prices for the parts. They gave me the parts and will bill me when they get the prices sorted out. That's the kind of service TM is noted for.