View Single Post
Old 03-05-2006, 09:54 PM   #10
Flycaster

Default Design sold us....

Angler,

We, too, wrestled with the decision to buy a TM, but finally ordered a 3023 on the following grounds:

The safety of towing v. interior space. While other products offered more interior space, none offered more per pound or more with less "winded" surface area. The fact is a lighter weight unit with a lower center of gravity, with less lateral surface area to be affected by wind, is safer to tow (given proper hitch weights). Period. Anyone who disputes that should re-take high school physics.

While many owners seem pleased with the performance of "smaller" TVs on flat land, the ability to tow the TM under ideal conditions was of little concern to us. Having towed something as small as an old pop-up, to a large (25 ft, 8000 lb) sailboat, what matters to me is the ability to control the rig during accident-avoidance steering, braking and accelerating. Again, the TM's lower CG and compact size during towing provides me with the best chance of keeping the pointy-end facing front should I have to swerve or break in order to avoid an accident.

Safety of towing issues aside, I, too, can store the unit in our garage. Despite the TM's high resale values, it, (and most other RV's) is still a depreciating asset and the idea of spending $300 or more a month for a large storage unit for an RV that is going down in value makes no sense to us.

Good luck!

Flycaster