View Single Post
Old 01-25-2006, 10:02 AM   #26
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Thanks, one and all, for the responses. I didn't realize so many people had done (or are contemplating) this project. Perhaps the TM factory will take note.

Bob, I would like to know the dimensions of the openings in the face frame. A dimensioned photo would be great. Or, a dimensioned drawing would be fine, and would occupy less of the space allocated to your "Attachments". Even a text list, perhaps using the drawer numbers shown on my plan for reference, would serve the purpose. This issue of the changed opening size has got me kind of bugged.

DeanBilly, the L-shaped drawer, and the short one in front of the wheel well, require different slides - the drawer-half has to be mounted at/near the top of the drawer, rather than wrapping around the lower edge of the drawer. What did you use?

Leslie & Nick - The slides I used were called "self-closing slides". Each slide has two parts - a fixed rail that is screwed to the cabinet, and a rail that is screwed to the drawer. Each of these parts has a single white nylon wheel. When you install the drawer, these two parts mate together. These self-closing slides are fine - the drawer pulls all the way out and is fully accessible. Home Depot and Lowes have identical self-closing slides - seems to me I bought the 18" size, and they fit well.

As I recall, the "full-extension slides" you refer to had three parts, and were a lot more expensive, as you point out.

More info, more questions, and more reports of results, would be welcome here.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote