View Single Post
Old 03-18-2005, 06:16 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RsnthlBxtr
... does the raising and lowering of the top half cause circle marks, or any marks, on the lower half? If so, why?
Raising and lowering the shells shouldn't cause any marks. Unfortunately, the roof seals between the shells do seem to cause marks, probably related to slight motion of the shells during travel.

Specifically, the seal on the ceiling of the front shell will probably make a mark on the roof of the rear shell (outside). And the seal on the roof of the rear shell will probably make a mark on the ceiling of the front shell. (Got that????)

Scrupulous cleaning of the seal areas, to remove any grit, will reduce this marking, but will not (IMO) eliminate it. I am getting ready to repaint the ceiling of the front shell in mine, and then cover the marked area with a length of clear UHMW tape (the very tough and very slippery stuff that FedEx and UPS use on the inside of their package chutes) to prevent re-marking. I am hopeful that the factory will pick up this tip in time for my next TM, probably an '06!

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote