Thread: New Truck!
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 06:47 PM   #19
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELM-JLM View Post
Hi All, Our New Chevy came from the dealer with nitrogen in the tires and the quality of ride is considerably better! Before our trip to Alaska, I drove back to the dealer and asked the salesman a favor! He took it into the shop and had them rebalance and set the pressure to the max on the sidewall with nitrogen! I hardly noticed a difference in the ride and to this day have only noticed a minimal drop in pressure! I am a firm believer in keeping tire pressure in check and at near max pressure! I am considering having nitrogen put in the trailer tires before our trip to Maine this summer!:
While I don't doubt your perception that the nitrogen rides better, I cannot think of any explanation that would support that perception. Atmospheric air (the air we breathe) is 80% nitrogen, so that's what tires have been filled with since their invention. But even if you filled them with 100% oxygen, or any other gas for that matter, and filled to the same pressure, then they have the same weight bearing capacity, and thus, shouldn't affect ride.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote