View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 04:30 PM   #28
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry C Anderson View Post
Thanks for the tips but I solved the problem as I noted previously by getting rid of the swing hitch. I first responded because someone asked if anyone had a swing hitch that failed. Someone also in the recent posts asked me if I had a picture of the swing hitch with the bent vertical plate so I included one for info. Thanks again for all the advice. I am fine now.
I really like your solution, the swing hitch has looked like a big problem area to me since we first looked at our TM. The dealer didn't have one on the lot without the swing hitch and gave us such a good deal I figured I could handle it later. We already have a 1/4 inch gap at the bottom on the same side and that is with out using a WDH. I tried setting up the WDH when we got home from Tx but there is to much interference. Good thing two of my neighbors are certified welders, one is even nuke certified.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote