View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 09:53 PM   #3
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Talking Looks to me like Eric invented his 'Independently'

My version uses weaker aluminum as the 'extender', but since I've got aluminum bar are on BOTH sides of the original steel, there's not gonna be any 'torque' forces created by the offset of the single plate in your version.

With strong steel and 4 bolts, yours ain't going anywhere either-- it's exactly what I was thinking when I first pondered a one-sided solution. We even chose the same bolts! I'll definitely take your advice to leave a space of at least 11/16. Maybe a full inch, because my "squashed sidewall" solution took away 1/8 inch AND I've got the 225/75-R15 tire, which is wider than yours.

I'm betting that you figured this out without looking at that Thread, because you didn't do my "squashed sidewall" fix-up at the same time you had it down for this job. (At least, I don't SEE a wide plate under the tire in your picture. That's the main thing I put into the Thread Bill pointed at, this idea appeared only as the very last post.)

Nice idea, and nice work!