View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 04:57 PM   #27
wmtire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragmopp View Post
Wmtire-

I guess I just have to ask this question. Could you, or would you recommend a tire to replace the Marathon's? If Bill's comments regarding problems with Marathons by Goodyear are true, then it would seem to be wise to avoid this tire. period. Maybe the way I should post this is, Wmtire, if you replace the tires on your own TM (assuming you have one) what would you replace them with?

Mike Anderson
That is the million dollar question. I personally would not replace my tires with Marathons. Now as to what I would recommend. I spent last nite trying to catch up in the forums some, especially reading the tire posts. I have learned some things about some brands that I wasn't aware of from reading everyone's experiences.

The tire choices for trailers are very limited, as not many manufacturers care for this market. I am reading about problems with every trailer tire brand I know of (and sell). It has actually caused me to reconsider some things.

Since I know for sure what tires I won't use, then I need to decide which tire I am going to use. Once I make this decision (after analyzing everything I can find out), I'll post it here. I'm going to take this recommendation from myself real serious, and don't want to be careless in it, by just picking a brand I sell currently. I want to study more on it. It has been stated in another forum, that Cooper/Mastercraft make some trailer tires. This is correct, and actually where I am leaning towards. We are a Mastercraft dealer (according to the signs on our building), but I don't want that to influence my decision.

I also would like to offer something. Just becasue I pick a tire and it performs well for me, doesn't mean it will for others. I am reading this about all the brands. Some are having problems, some aren't. I plan to buy six tires to test my recommendation. I will give the other 4 (and pay the shipping on them) to any 2 other trailmanor owners who would care to test them too. The first 2 hands in the air get them. Just post here you are interested. I just ask that whomever gets them, will keep us all informed as to their experiences with them.

Is that fair enough?