View Single Post
Old 05-24-2022, 02:18 PM   #19
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post

Wavery - did you buy the material from Amazon based on some knowledge, or just because it looked good? I bought a 6X6 piece of the same stuff, just because it looked good. I have it in my hand, and it feels good, too. It may be hard to cut ...

Bill
Bill,

I just finished cutting and replacing all 4 roof bumpers.

I cut mine with a utility knife with a new blade. I found that if I made the 1st cut (about 1/8" deep) with the blade running along a steel ruler it cuts nicely.

After the 1st cut, I put the rubber pad on top of a piece of wood with a sharp edge. Place the pad with your 1st cut laying flat, with the cut straddling the edge of the board. Press on both sides of the cut and the cut will open up. Make 3 or 4 more cuts (be sure your blade is square with the cut) until you cut all the way through.

If you just lay the pad down flat and try to cut through it, the rubber on each side of the cut offer a lot of resistance and make cutting through difficult.

For the rear pads they need to be cut to fit the openings in the rear bumper door. The material that I purchased is 2" wide so I just cut the front pads to length and left them 2" wide. That actually works quite nicely as they cover the entire top of the frame and give more area for the roof to rest on.

After I installed them, I closed up the trailer (which went smoothly). When I tried to reopen the front and rear corner latches, I had a hard time releasing that little hook. I had to push down hard on the roof to get it free. I would suggest unscrewing those hooks about 3-turns before closing then adjust them as needed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RoofBumpers1.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	20940   Click image for larger version

Name:	RoofBumpers2.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	2.36 MB
ID:	20941   Click image for larger version

Name:	RoofBumpers3.jpg
Views:	46