View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 03:21 PM   #4
Michael-Rhonda
Site Sponsor

We tow with a 2016 Tacoma TRD Off Road 4X4 double cab. It has the 3.5L V6 Atkinson Cycle with Dual VVT-i (and I really don't know what all that means!). It comes with the tow package - a must! With tow package it can handle 6,500 lb.

We live in the southern suburb of Denver, and tow our 2006 2720 into the Rockies on major roads and over some of the passes. I say that it goes over the passes, but it does not jump over them! We have had no problem getting there and back, but cannot do the speed limit on the steeper uphills (speed limits are 65-70 in thee hills). We just watch rpms. The Tacoma transmission shifts sooner than we think it should - kicks into a lower gear (and higher RPMs) fairly soon. This is intentional by Toyota, and they have a good reason - I just cannot remember what it is. Some have told us that an adjustment to the transmission can be made to over-ride this, but we are not interested in having adjustments to our transmission.

We really like the combo of the Tacoma and Trailmanor. The Tacoma has a very comfortable ride. Made a trip to Seattle from Denver in the autumn - averaged around 16-17. My wife has a pet care business, and we like the size of the Tacoma for the mix of camping and getting her around to her pet care business. Trust this helps!
Michael
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Michael-Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote