View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 11:46 AM   #29
grakin

I'd echo what everyone else has said...yes, the price is high on these, but they are outfitted very nice compared to most campers. The only thing they don't do well is let you keep water running in very cold weather (but they'll keep *you* warm even below zero).

I have a genetic issue that makes my upper body much weaker than it should be. I have no problem pulling up the shells, but I'll note that there is an adjustment on these campers that basically trades off ease of popping up vs. ease of closing down. So it is reasonably possible to adjust if you find a used one that is hard to open - so long as nothing is broken and the owner didn't add a lot of extra weight to the top shells.

There's other tricks such as lowering and raising the tongue to assist in getting things up. But I've never needed to do any of that - I was always able to pop up and down on my own. And as people have mentioned, any Trailmanor dealer will love walking you through trying to put them up and down - it's a big selling point of these campers.