View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 02:56 PM   #9
knoxjere

I recommend using a checklist when setting up and up-setting! There are many good ones on this forum. There are so many little things to remember that if not done can mess up the TrailManor. We purchased our first TM July 2010 and due to hail damage traded up to a new one in July 2011. We have set up probably 25 times and still we forget to do something if we don't adhere to our checklist. For instance, one time we forgot to put the roof vents down, another time we forgot to move the microwave cabinet. Another time we forgot to pull the T-handle to empty the black water and had to open it up again so we could empty.

I agree that the best $12 you can spend is to join this forum. We read it nearly every day at first and still log in a couple of times a week to see what is happening. There are so many avid TMers and they have so much knowledge to offer that I can't imagine owning a TM without being on this forum!

Check the date on your tires. We did not know to do this and on our first camping trip in August 2010, we had our first blow out on the side of busy I-40 between Knoxville and Nashville. We spent 2-3 hours waiting on someone to come and change our tire. That could probably have been avoided if we had checked. You can find more information on that by trying the search option.

Good luck and best wishes for many years of happy camping!
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee I6/w/tow package
Prodigy 2 brake controller
Eaz-Lift 1000 lb WDH
After market heavy duty cooling fan
After Market heavy duty transmission cooler
McKesh Mirrors
knoxjere is offline   Reply With Quote