View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 05:19 PM   #7
tgpmd1
TrailManor Master

Wow! What great info! Due to a death in the family right after the unit was purchased, it was garaged and stayed there until now. They claim everything works just fine. So, I need the help of the experts on the forum for what to look out for, especially with a TM.

I'll be towing with a 2002 Tahoe. Has a towing package, so I don't think I need a wdh. Hope to pay about $12,000 or less for the unit. We need to negotiate a price. I'm getting a list of options tonight so I can run a blue book.

Not towing far, they live just a few short miles away. But, can any sort of mechanic perform the wheel bearing work? Also like the suggestion of turning on the fridge before we arrive to make sure it cools down. How do I test for leaks? Do I have them take out of the garage and set up and hose it down? Didn't think of that. I was going to look for water damage, but if it hasn't been used in a while, may not be any evidence.

Thanks everyone. I'm starting to work on dh and convince him that this is a good time to be a TM owner. His cons are that it's a lot more work that tent camping. My pros are that the dw will be happy! When mamma's happy, everyone is happy, right?
tgpmd1 is offline   Reply With Quote