View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 03:59 PM   #4
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcassel View Post
Why is the TMO vBulletin search engine set up differently than the Tundra Solutions vBulletin search engine?
Exactly. This appears to be a configuration issue vs. a software capability issue.

I tried the Google search method as you suggested, searching "Toilet" in the title and trailmanorowners.com/forum in the Site/Domain box, as shown here:

http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...hors=&safe=off

It only comes up with 29 threads, and NONE of those threads appear in the Plumbing section. I checked them all. In contrast, when I use the forum's search engine to search "Toilet" in the Subject/Title line, it comes up with 89 threads -- 3x as many relevant results. And that's where alot of the good content is.

I think this is happening because the Technical section of the forum requires login credentials to access. Since the robots that Google and other search engine use do not have such credentials, they cannot access this content, nor index for searching.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote