View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 06:57 AM   #6
Joseph

Default Cone on in, the waters fine . . .

Hello jx4dupay,

I too moved up from a Coleman Santa Fe pop-up. To be honest there are times that I miss the rough and tumble that my old pop-up seemed to take on with ease. But then I truly did not like taking it down in the rain either! I would say it depends on what you are going to do with your TM. If you are on the east coast and staying in mostly developed areas I would take the TM hands down over the PU. During time spent in Santa Fe NM I pulled the PU behind a 4X4 into the National Forests surrounding same. Something I have only done once with the TM. TM’s IMHO do not take to the rough two track off road camping that the PU literally bounced over. I have pulled it slowly over smooth gravel roads in National Forests with no problem. As far as problems with the TM, most of mine have been, ahem, self induced. No problems with any major systems. Everything still works as advertised after almost two complete years of ownership that includes 43 nights out and 8100 miles of travel. Most of it interstate but not all! As someone on this forum used to say quite a lot, “ TM’s aren’t for everyone…” but mine works for me.