View Single Post
Old 08-21-2022, 03:25 PM   #30
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelthewelder View Post
Battery testing. I put a 500w wall shaker AC (smallest one i can find) into the kitchen window and ran it for 8 straight hours on the batteries yesterday. The counter said i could go 13 hours on the batteries but im not going to stress them like that. It was 85 degrees outside and it was 62 degrees in the TM.

Test passed.
Congratulations on you new hobby........ Everyone has to have a hobby, RIGHT!!!. Might as well be a TrailManor.

Here's a suggestion for your A/C unit. I bought this 7,500BTU inverter A/C for our bedroom so that we don't have to run the central air while we are sleeping (kind dumb, in my mind).

I am amazed at how well this thing cools and it is a quite as the mini-splits. All we hear is a whisper light sound of whooshing air coming out of the air distributor. Can't hear the compressor at all.

I'm thinking of taking the roof A/C off our TraiManor and replacing it with one of this.

When I first turn it on in a warm room, it draws about 800W for the 1st 30 minutes or so. As the room cools, the wattage slowly drops (as the compressor slows) until about 300W, (I have a wall outlet watt meter).This type of compressor doesn't need that drastic surge of power that is a generator killer. This thing would easily run on a 1500W generator, I think.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09V1BBWS9...t_details&th=1