View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 05:29 PM   #1
lilysvalley

Default looking at a 2720

drove to farmington today and looked at a 2008 2720. it was recently traded to a rv dealership there. appeared to be in good shape,but the awning was torn, a/c unit wasn't working right, the formica around the sink was damaged in three places and the tires looked good but are six years old as was the battery. i asked if the brakes and bearings had ever been done, but they didn't know. dealer had it advertised for 15 thousand but after my inspection he dropped the price to 13 before i even made an offer. they say that they will repair the ac unit, replace the tires,brakes and battery and repack the wheel bearings but will not the repair the counter or replace the awning. i offered 10 thousand but they said that they would not go below 12. i gave them five hundred as a deposit with the understanding that they will make the repairs and upgrades this week and i will return next weekend to reinspect and purchase.

does this sound like a good deal? anything else i need to look at or check?
they did say that i could buy a 90 day warranty for $500. how much does it cost to replace the awning fabric? i think i can replace the counter tops.

B.lily