View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #5
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

If I were buying the 2417 model I would also forgo the bathroom and get cabinet instead. Just because it is pretty tiny in there. Although I would recommend the new 2417 slide model which would make it feel much more spacious. You would then have space to put your own portapotty.

That being said, I would never want to give up the 3 burner stove and larger refrig with freezer that I have in my 2720sd.

If you see one in person, try to go when a factory rep will be there and you will get a better idea of what cabinet would replace the bath. I think you could get both 3 drawers and a cabinet with shelves. Could probably also get a hanging cabinet to go over it.

The bath in the 2417 is a "wet" bath which is very different than any of the other models and while I liked the idea of the cassette toilet I didn't like the amount of space it took up in that tiny trailer. I was seriously looking at the 2417 this spring and would NOT have gotten the bath.

Don't worry about resale unless you don't plan to keep it for at least five years. Buy it how you want it. I would think it would be a big step up space wise from what you have now.

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)
Welcome Sophie DOB 1/5/2021
Mini Goldendoodle (who's not so mini)

New to me 2010. 2720SD TrailManor
New to me 2010 Chevy Traverse

Both purchased July 2013

Factory installed 80W solar panel.

New batteries June 30th 2018.
(SLIGC115 Duracell Ultra 6V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery x 2)
New bag seals Sept 2020
Rohent R7 HD 1080P RV Wireless Backup Camera Installed Sept 2020
Bailey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote