View Single Post
Old 08-16-2004, 11:03 AM   #7
k_and_p_camping

I usually say we camp in a trailer! We do a lot of primitive camping, like Ray does, in National Parks and National Forests. We also stay in private campgrounds when we are travelling or visiting a city. This last trip (just got home on Saturday) we stayed in full-hookup sites some of the time, but we spent 5 days in the National Forest. Water was down the road a hundred feet or so (central spigot) and the outhouse was really an outhouse. Obviously no electricity, which is why the stars were incredible! I have to admit that I really enjoyed the shower in the TM every couple of days, even though hauling the water in and the gray water out is a bit of a chore. BTW: The toilet lasted the entire 5 days with our family of 4 by using it just at night. We used a very quiet Honda generator to recharge the batteries when needed.

When we're out, we usually live mostly outside which is why I say we're camping, not travelling. I almost always cook outside, we eat outside, and about half the time we even wash dishes outside. We come inside to sleep and play cards in the evening.

Pam