View Single Post
Old 03-19-2016, 06:14 PM   #1
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Question Moving My Spare Tire...No..not my gut.

So I am upgrading my 3124KS to Timbren 7K axles and will be blocking the suspension up 2 1/4" so I can go to 16" tires. All that I have read about the spare tire on here is how that spare tire holder pinches the sidewall in on the spare (even the 15"). I noticed this when I first got my TM 3 years ago when I put new Commode-Door tires on it before I went truckin down the road to Austin (over 1500 miles). I didn't know what shape the "blimpy" tires were in or how long they had sat there without rolling an inch. A real potential problem waiting to happen and I didn't want to deal with a flat or blowout on the way home. So the first thing I did after plopping down my money was to go to the nearest local tire shop there in Bloomfield Iowa and have them install a new set of "E" rated Commode-Door tires on my TM. At the same time I took the spare down and had them air and balance it as well so if I would need that, it would roll ok. That's when I noticed that the spare tire holder had put the pinch on the sidewall of the wimpy blimpy. Now since I am spending a bunch of $$$$ on new 16" tires and wheels, I don't wish to damage the spare tire rubber and so I am moving it to the back bumper to a more conventional spare holder.
Ok got all that?.....good...So now I am going to have some vacant space under my trailer once I cut off the old spare tire holder. What I want to do is fill that space with some weather proof storage bins or boxes. My problem is that the size of these is a weird size on account of the clearance. My question to the multitudes of Tm folks is this. Are there any people out there with metal fabricating skills who could custom build me some storage bins that I could mount to the outside of the frame?
OH GREAT ORACLE.....HEAR MY PRAYER!
TC
lnt123@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote