View Single Post
Old 06-30-2003, 04:17 AM   #3
Windbreaker

Default Re: Leveling on uneven ground - best method??

I don't know if this helps, we've only had our tm for a little over a year but have used it app. 30 nights.

When on really uneven ground side to side I use the legos under the wheel to kind of even things up side to side. I have no problems taking some of the weight with the jacks but have never moved a tire off the ground or legos.  I don't jack one really high then go jack the other, I try to move each a little at a time.

I figure using a little moderation in this as in all things can't be too wrong. If the jacks weren't ment to be used why would they put them on there? Of course the tm is only a year old maybe not enough time to see if I have done something wrong but all looks right to me. If using the jacks is such a bad thing wouldn't someone have gotten a used one that had a twisted frame? I've seen no post to that problem. Tire wear would be a major clue if a frame weren't right, I've seen no post to that problem. I agree that it is better safe than sorry but I also think not using the jacks to help level is going too far. When I baught my tm the the guy said use the rear door side jack to start the side to side leveling and move clock wise to get as it should be. I do that.