View Single Post
Old 04-03-2022, 12:40 AM   #2
Larryjb
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephene1219 View Post
I have a 2022 2922KS and as I have tried to vert carefully go through all the steps as if I was out camping. I keep running into an issue with the accuracy of the manual. It seems they are still using the manual that was written a long time ago even though they have made many changes. This is really clear in section 4 "The System". It just seems they do not care if what you are reading has no bearing on the trailer you just bought. A good example is the hot water heater. The manual says it is under the couch or table, mine is under the sink.
It then goes through a long list of what to do to turn the water heater on using gas. In my case I just have a single switch mounted on the front of the kitchen sink. I turn it to on but have no idea if it is actually on this there are no lights to indicate it is working. Anyone else with a newer TM have this same problem.
It is not a case of the manual being outdated. For one thing, I'm not aware of any hot water heater ever being place under a sofa. The fresh water tank may be located in one of several places though. If your manual actually states that the hot water heater is located under the couch, than a more recent writing of the manual is incorrect.

My manual which is from a 2001 2720SD:

Chapter 4 The Systems
Fresh Water System
"1. A 20 gallon fresh water tank is located under the sofa, dinette seat, or in a cabinet. The 2720 Slideout model is equipped with an 11 gallon fresh water tank."

On p. 27 of my manual, it describes all three types of water heaters used: pilot type, automatic ignition type, and automatic ignition/electric. In this case you do have to figure out which heater you have, but the operation of each is described.

I think, under the technical section of this forum, you will find one of the older manuals available for download. This may be useful to you. Honestly, not a whole lot has changed in the Trailmanors over the years.
1) wooden to aluminum framing late 1990's to early 2000's.
2) side AC to rooftop AC (early 2000's)
3) different models of appliances being used in various years, but the locations and operation of each has always been similar.
4) moldings have changed over the years
5) 2022: A new toilet is being used.

Other small things have changed, but the basic layouts have been the same for decades.

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote